Tuesday, August 5, 2008

{Breaking Dawn}

On August 1st I went with my friend Courtney to B&N for the release of the new book by Stephanie Myer. Breaking Dawn is the final book in the Twilight Saga.

We got there around 11:30 pm. The parking lot was packed. Courtney looked at me and said "is this gonna be a bunch of Mormons?" I just laughed and said "probably!" It was crazy. There were people dressed up like Vampires, people had "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" shirts on, groups all over the store talking about the books, girls from 12 to 70 years old were there. It was ridiculous! Court couldn't handle it. She bought Twilight to be converted! When the first book was bought people were screaming and clapping and cheering. Court and I got the giggles. Good thing my wrist-band said 150! Ah crap! We waited and waited. Courtney kept saying "I can't handle this!" I kept saying "ok people.....you have the book....now go home and read it!" I mean the store was still packed with people who already had their books. My number was finally called, Court said " Don't you scream!" She's so funny! I got home around 1:30 am.

I finished the 756 page book last night around midnight. It was good, but I think I like the first three more. If you haven't read the Twilight Series, DO IT! It is enchanting! I can't wait for Twilight the movie to come out, but I will have to until 12.8.08.

2 comments:

Stormi Winscot said...

Sara-
I can't wait to read it! I still haven't gotten mine, but according to some friends in the ward, there wasn't a wait at ALL here in State College!!! It looks like you had fun even if it was a bit jam packed! I hope your friend becomes converted like the rest of us Twilight Romanticists. WOW! You're a super fast reader!!!!I'm looking forward to the movie too!

Summer said...

Sara you are freaking crazy!! Mine is coming in the mail. I am glad that you didn't put any spoilers in your post, my sis in law did so I can't go to her blog. :) I already have tickets to the movie. Jamie my sis in law's neice's boss is renting an entire theater and we have tickets. WAHOO we are going to make a day of it. I can't wait. I am glad that you enjoyed it. I will let you know when I have finished it and we can chat about it.