Tuesday, April 28, 2009

{The Moment}

I haven't been feeling like my normal self the past little bit and in an interesting turn of events I have been sleeping like a grizzly (not grizzle or gristle--I'm awsum at spelling) in hibernation, (which is so not me, being as one who does not "need" sleep) followed by tender breasts and I haven't received my monthly package from mother nature in who knows how long. I know. Why do you need all the details? Well YOU JUST DO! So I told Burk it was time to take a test. He did not look happy. Off he went to the gym with Bug and I headed to the bathroom. While I was doing what you do for these tests, there were so many things racing through my mind. "This isn't happening! I'm not ready! We are not ready! However.....we do make beautiful babies! Brooklynn really wants a sister. Is that enough for me to endure 45 hours of labor again? I can't look! I can't look!" I looked. This is what I saw:

So it turns out I am not pregnant! Whoo hoo! Really though, I about fell off the toilet when I saw that little line. (I'm not good with reading instructions even if they are right there in front of me.) When taking a test of this sort there is that moment when you don't know if your life is going to change forever. Quite frankly that scares me. We are in the clear! After delivering this news to Burk and Bug we did nothing. So much of nothing that this is what happened to the two of them:

Sometimes all that nothing can really wear you out! We put Buggers down and continued doing nothing! Its was glorious!

5 comments:

Nathan said...

First off, I can't believe how big 'Bug' is! Oh my!

Second, How ironic would it have been if when you put 'Bug' down, you two went and did 'nothing' (*wink *wink) and then found out during that 'nothing' time you got pregnant!

Count your blessings?

Lisa said...

If you still haven't received your monthly gift you might want to take another one of those tests. There are definitely more false negatives than false positives. You've got a cute family - oh and do you watch gossip girl? Love that show. xoxo

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

WOW!! Not gonna lie, I was thinking you were gonna say you WERE pregnant! I wonder why you haven't been feeling like yourself!? Hope you get back to normal soon!

ps doing nothing is A-MAZING!

US said...

Nate and Val: Lol! I seriously didn't even think of it that way! And when I say "nothing" it usually is watching Chelsea Lately or The Soup!

Lisa: Don't say that! I know that's what I should do, but I can't bring myself to do it! I love Gossip Girl! I'm totally addicted!

Summer said...

Oh wow I though you were going to say you were preggers too!! Hopefully in 14 days you will hear something about someone else being preggers!! That's all I'm going say about it. Love ya!!!