Monday, April 13, 2009

{A visit from the Rents}

Burk's parents came down for his spring break. They really came to steal Bug and head to San Diego to be with Jess. It was fine with us! We went out on a date and Burk didn't know what to do and where to sit. The hostess looked confused as Burk was all flustered. I asked if she could tell we haven't been on a date in years? She laughed and Burk gave me a dirty look.

We headed to meet the fam after a meeting I had for work. It was a long drive. I have said many times that I am not doing anymore road trips with Burk again! I yelled that at him and then he asked how I was planning on getting home? Dang it! He is so sneaky! We FINALLY arrived in Oceanside, but couldn't find the condo. As we were driving around Burk pointed out all the Marines running to the beach. I then proceeded to yell out the window "I love me some Seamen!" Burk was utterly embarassed. I have no clue why? Hey! I support our troops! We made it to the condo and got to see our baby who was not at all interested that we were there. She even asked me when I was leaving. I know...she is so sweet to her "Mooma." We headed to the beach for some R&R.

I forgot how much I love it at the beach. It is a good thing I am saving $25 from every paycheck for my beach house. We got to color Easter Eggs too thanks to Jess boilin them for us! FYI... Burk looks fantastic in this pic!

Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun little get away! Next time, can we go to Hawaii?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Burk's face. Awesome!

Summer said...

LOVE IT!!! This is freaking funny, I yell at Mark when we go on road trips too!! I love Sea Men too!! hahahaha I can't stop laughing and I am at work!!

Unknown said...

CUte!! she is so big! looks like you guys had a ton of fun! BTW: im terriable w/ blogging too!:)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Oceanside is pretty! My inlaws took us to Hawaii, we are spoiled! One day they wont take us anymore & I will be very sad!!

La Vita Bella said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm jealous. We need a vacation like that. :) Brooklyn is as cute as ever. Glad you guys had fun.