Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{Havin' a Heat Wave}

So not much has been going on here in Fabulous La La Land other than the fact that it is getting hot. Yesterday it was 103! Ok, so that may not be your definition of hot, but to me it felt like 120. Hey! You dress in all black and then go get in a hot car and drive about 20 mins to work and just as you pull up the air starts to work. Like I said, HOT! Along with the heat here come the bugs. Lucky for us, we live right behind the garbage dumpster. When it is hot not only does it smell tangy, but at night the bugs just hang out there. It is so sick! They are everywhere. They are all over the sidewalk and the wall that surrounds the garbage. They even are on our stairs to our condo. When I work I don't get home till around 10 pm and park and prepare myself for the only time in my life that I know I will be running. This run is a short distance yet so intense! I know I have said in the past that I DO NOT RUN. This is really true. Looking at me you don't see a "runner" of any sort. I most likely won't run if you are chasing me, however, if you throw some crickets into the equation I am a blur. I'M A BLUR! I HATE CRICKETS! I am scarred of them. Petrified. Horrified. As I type I am checking out of the corner of my eyes looking for crickets. (Yes. Most likely there are no crickets in my house, but just to be on the safe side I am always on the look out.) Here is something that might give you an understanding to why I do not care for these nasty, noisy bugs.


Mormon Crickets - The funniest videos clips are here

Ok! Who are these crazy people!? I can't imagine following a cricket around let alone thousands of them for my job! Sick! The dude was talking about those sick bugs like they were sweet little puppies! Nasty. And did you see the road? It was covered! Let me tell you a little story. Burk and I were driving to Idaho across Oregon in the summmer a few summers back. We drove through exactly what you saw in the video. A ban of crickets crossing the road. It was so gross. Luckily we didn't know what they were because of the color, but I swear that our car lost a little bit of control that moment that we hit the red moving part of the road. I will never forget it! Some people have a fear of fire, heights, water, sharks. I have a deadly fear of crickets. Crickets, you may ask. Yessir! Crickets! What are you most afraid of?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crickets, huh? My big, recurring nightmare is that all my teeth unexplicably become really loose and fall out. Stupid dental nightmares! Why can't I just leave work at the office?

La Vita Bella said...

The last few nights I've been hearing crickets outside. I'm not deathly scared of them, but they're still not my number one bug to be around. Then I found a dead one on our front door step this morning. Well, I thought it was dead. I stepped on it and brushed it onto the dirt and then its leg started to kind of twitch-eeeew, it gave me the yucky shivers. That's my cricket story. :)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

ahhah. You are hilarious! I wish I would have seen you too, it was just such a last minute trip! We definitely have to get together next time for sure. I cannot believe you live in such a hot place, I dont think I could do it!

Michele said...

Lol! You are so funny! I how ever do not care for those nasty crickets either, I am deathly afraid of Bees, wasps, hornets, things like that, that fly, I freak out! Been stung a few too many times! Not fun!

Summer said...

AHHHHHhahahahaha you are so freakin funny!! I hate them too but I also hate every bug known to man!! I hate them I hate them I hate them. Really I hate them!! I also don't like dark allies or scary movies. A lot of stuff freaks me out. Really. When are you coming to Utah?? I want to hang out with my cute cous and her kid.

The Everts said...

You're so funny. I actually am kinda afraid of ants. They totally creep me out.